Making fixed mortise and groove splicing method for solid wood plate connection
Fixed mortise and groove connection: This is a varied and widely used splicing form. It is generally used for the decoration of bookshelf and back plate of dressing table; the splicing of floor and panel; simple wood board connection; it is also commonly used for the structure of skeleton, such as the door or side plate of cabinet. Due to the firmness of modern glue, this splicing method is used less and less.
A fixed mortise and groove connection includes a whole mortise and groove formed by cutting both sides of the end of a board. Used to correspond to the slot. The wood is required to be very straight, otherwise it is easy to misplace. The depth of the groove is slightly greater than the length of the tongue for gluing.
Tools and materials
Slotting plane, slot plane, straight edge, double-sided tape, hammer and nail, timber spare tape, wood glue, brush, clamp
- As for making loose mortise and groove, prepare the edge of wood and use slotting plane to make groove.
- Measure the depth of the groove to determine the length of the tongue to be cut.
- Set the width of groove plane to lean against the mountain, which is 1mm shorter than the groove depth, so as to glue.
- Set the height of notch planing foot to be consistent with the width of one side of the groove.
- Fix the wooden strip on the wooden table with nails to prevent the wood from moving. Put the wood face up, fix it with double-sided adhesive tape and wood bar.
- Use slot plane to cut along the edge of tongue to reach the required depth.
- Turn over the tongue material, fix it on the woodworking table, and plane the notch again.
- Check the fit of the tongue of the installation groove and mark the side to be adjusted for planing.
- If it is determined that the tenon and tenon are suitable for installation, glue the two sides in the tenon.
- Use a brush to apply the glue evenly on all connecting surfaces.
- Assemble after using glue, and install furniture and clamp at regular intervals along the length direction.
- Soak the dishcloth, wipe off the excess glue, and put it to dry for several hours.