Frequently Asked Questions
1.Do you receive commissions from suppliers?
Sometimes. Depends on which supplier. Normally we charge our upfront fee to ensure we get paid something because more often than not the factories don’t pay as promised. In most cases we give you the suppliers contacts and you work directly with them and we never hear from you or them again.
2.What happens if the factories we introduce don’t meet your expectations?
Once we introduce you to factories, you will be able to contact and work directly with them by email.
- If factories don’t work out for you then we will get involved to understand why.
- If the first three factories don’t meet your expectations, we can introduce you to more depending on the reason the factory did not work out.
3.What should you prepare before contacting the factories?
We recommend you have tech packs prepared in advance to email factories. If you don’t have tech packs then how will you communicate what you want produced? It is also important to have a clear and confident order quantity in mind that you want to produce.
4.How does your sourcing support services compare to other agents?
We don’t charge a commission. We don’t want to get in between you and the factory. We charge an upfront fee. We deliver on our promises or give you your money back because having a good reputation is more important than being greedy when there is an innocent misunderstanding or miscommunication. If you are not happy with our service then tell us and we’ll either do what it take to make you happy or give you your money back.
5.What kind of suppliers do we include in our network?
Our sourcing team has been established for over the last 5 years. We have local Vietnamese staff that communicate with the factories. If we don’t know the factory personally we contact them to get their updated company profile before introducing you. We have a database of over 100 suppliers making everything from kitchen cabinets,engineered hardwood flooring , wood mouldings to other furniture products.
6.What Services I offer
• Factory introductions
• Factory visits
• Costing (getting a price quote)
• Quality control
• Factory audits/assessment
I introduce you to factories that I trust and who can make your product. I have a database of 100+ factories that I have built up over the last 18 years. I can put you in direct contact with factory owners and you take it from there, or if you need further assistance, I can help you from beginning to end.
I listen to your needs and suggest solutions. I explain production issues related like meeting minimum order quantities, getting samples made, negotiating price and arranging shipments. I can provide guidance to improve quality, increase productivity and meet social and environmental compliance for the factories you work with. I can also give business and legal advice for setting up a factory or office .
8.Factory introductions by email
1. I note your product details
2. I note your factory requirements
3. I confirm three factories that meet your needs
4. I introduce you directly to the factories
5. I stand by to help you in case there are any communication problems
I can take you there. I arrange meeting times, transportation and accommodation. I choose the quickest routes to visit 3-4 factories in a day. When we arrive, you will work directly with the factories. I speak Vietnamese and will help with translation if needed.
9.Get a price quote
If you don’t want to travel then I will work with the factory on your behalf to get an initial price quote. You will be CC’d in all correspondence so the costing process will be transparent. Once the initial costing is done, you can work directly with the factory or I can continue to help if needed.
I provide quality control services that include pre-production meetings, inline inspections and final inspections.
11. Please give me details about your background and manufacturing objectives.
1. Which styles do you want to manufacture first?
2. Do you have tech packs?
3. Do you have any special factory requirements?
4. Have you produced before? If yes, then in what country?
5. What quantity per style per color do you order?
6. Does your company have a website?
7. Do you want to work with an agent or directly with the factory?
8. Do you plan to visit Vietnam,Malaysia,China,Indonesia ?